The total market capitalization of cryptocurrencies decreased by 27.70% from $244.78 billion to $179.04 billion.
Issuer: RAM Data Technologies INVT LTD
CUSIP Number: G7369L 106
ISIN Number: VGG7369L1067
Issue Description: EUR CL C SHS
ISO CFI: CICJMS
In March this year, the cryptocurrency market was extremely volatile. The price of bitcoin from 7741 EUR (March 1) fell in the moment to 3316.90 EUR, thereby reducing -57.15%. By the end of the month, the price recovered to 5841.57 EUR (+76.12% of the lower value).
Key news for March:• The German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) has classified digital assets as financial instruments;
• The Marshall Islands will issue digital currency on the Algorand blockchain, which will be put into circulation through the pre-sale of tokens during this year;
• The South Korean government legalized cryptocurrencies;
• A court in France has classified bitcoin as a currency. The Central Bank of France launches a program for the study of interbank settlements based on digital euro with further plans to issue its own digital currency (CBDC);
• The Investigative Committee of Belarus is preparing to consolidate the process of seizing cryptocurrencies at the legislative level;
• In the US, there was a propose to define bitcoin as a commodity;
• Since the beginning of 2020, the volume of venture investments in the crypto industry has decreased by about 40%;
• Central Bank of the Russian Federation: a new version of the draft CFA bill introduces a ban on the issuance and circulation of cryptocurrencies;
• Bakkt platform raised $300 million in a new round of financing. In March, the physical supply of bitcoin on the Bakkt platform increased by 44%;
• The Central Bank of China criticized Bitcoin amid instability in the global economy, stressing that the asset is not protective. Bank representatives also urge consumers to abandon bitcoin trading because of the associated risks;
• The largest manufacturer of mining equipment Bitmain announced the launch of sales of new Antminer S19 and S19 Pro devices;
• A court in New York issued a temporary ban on Telegram issuing Gram tokens;
• Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange has announced the release of the Binance Card, which will allow you to make purchases in BTC and BNB in 46 million retail outlets in 200 countries.
The fund showed a negative dynamic of -1.37% in March, so since the beginning of the year, the price of the stock, taking into account the coupon paid, has shown a dynamic of -0.23%. The equipment of the fund continued to work on the most profitable algorithm - Ethash.
Major cryptocurrency rates showed a negative trend in March, losing about a third of the cost. Ethereum fell from a value of 197.26 EUR to 121.36 EUR, Bitcoin at an initial price of 7741 EUR, lost 1899.43 EUR and stopped at around 5841.57 EUR.
Additionally, by the end of the quarter, a coupon was paid to investors.