INVESTMENT STRATEGY PRE-IPO
Tanium is a security and endpoint systems management company. The company’s platform provides real-time monitoring and comprehensive control of endpoints regardless of the size of the network. Tanium was found in Washington, the USA in 2007.
- Total funding: $ 900 million
- Final round: $ 150 million — Series H
- Latest Round Valuation: More than $ 9.05 Billion
- Last round share price: $ 11.4
- Last round date: October 2020
- Key Investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Franklin Templeton, Citi Ventures, Salesforce Ventures
- In August 2020, Tanium announced a partnership with Google Cloud that combines Tanium endpoint telemetry with cloud analytics to investigate and remediate online security threats.
- The company is ranked 12th in the Forbes cloud 100.
- Tanium solutions are used by 50% of Fortune 100 companies.
- All units of the US Armed Forces provide security and control of their endpoints using Tanium.
- Key clients: Barclays, GoDaddy, Salesforce, Whirlpool.
Gartner predicts the IT security market will reach $ 170 billion by 2022, up from $ 100 billion in 2017.
- Cybersecurity Ventures analysts predict that cybercrime will continue to grow by 2021 and will cost companies around the world more than $ 6 trillion a year.
- Gartner data shows that by 2023, 75% of organizations will restructure risk and security management to address the challenge of widespread adoption of cutting-edge technology. Today only 15% of companies address this issue.
- Security as a service will, over time, surpass the traditional proprietary platform in terms of sales.
- Accenture: Only 17% of companies are ready to effectively resist cyberattacks in 2020.
- 90% of CEOs reported an increase in cyberattacks since the pandemic began. By moving to remote work, companies are giving hackers access to their servers and become more vulnerable.
For comparison, we took companies with comparable financial indicators and dates of foundation that went public after January 2017.
Tanium has the potential to grow 2,9x. The lower market cap and already high revenue performance put the company in a good position to grow and become an attractive investment.