Oxygen is an American neobank for freelancers and small businesses that allows managing personal and business capital.
At the moment, Oxygen’s range of services includes banking, billing, accounting, payments and transfers, cashback, starting a legal entity, payroll programs, and insurance.
Neobank was founded in May 2018 in San Francisco, USA.
- Last funding round: $17 million — Series A
- Last round valuation: $57.6 — post-money
- Last round share price: $1.37
- Last round date: December 2020
- Lead investors: Runa Capital, Y Combinator, 1984.VC, Rucker Park, EFG Hermes, The House Fund
For Oxygen, freelancers are the main targeted market. In 2020, 59 million freelancers (36% of the country’s workforce) worked in the United States, bringing in more than $1.2 trillion to the American economy in a year.
The company also aims at the small and medium-sized business market in the United States. Small and medium-sized businesses in America (of which 31.7 million) spend more than $500 billion on accounting, billing, invoicing, and third-party payment services, according to a Cornerstone Advisors study.
According to a study by GrandViewResearch, the global neobank market is estimated at $35 billion. With a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 47%, the market will reach $722 billion by 2028.
In 2020, US neobanks received 66% of their revenues precisely from business accounts.
- Oxygen has an excellent rating on online platforms. More than 7000+ 5-star reviews on AppStore / Google Play.
FOUNDERS AND MANAGEMENT
Founder — Hussein Ahmed, PhD, computer science (Virginia Tech), MBA (Berkley). He has assembled a team of professionals with experience in Apple, Mastercard, Visa, Citibank, Lending Club, and Goldman Sachs.
The company is advised by Frank Strauss (former CEO and head of banking at Deutsche Bank AG) and Pauline Brown (former Chairman of LVMH Americas).
- Competition from large neobanks that have already started serving businesses and freelancers, or are just planning
- A company can quickly reach the scaling limit. However, with the platform already developed, there are options for developing into international markets.
How to buy Oxygen shared?
To buy Oxygen shares, contact our managers.